COVID-19 UPDATE | THE PLAZANews
22 September 2020
As of Tuesday 22 September, Palmerston North has moved to Alert Level 1.
Centre Trading Hours
- Centre trading hours will return to normal. The trading hours for the centre can be found HERE.
- Individual store hours may vary so if you are coming to visit a particular store then you might want to check their hours HERE.
Management of customer numbers
- Under Alert Level 1 there are no limits on customer numbers within the centre or within a store.
- At The Plaza, keeping our shoppers, community and staff safe is our priority.
- We will continue to make hand sanitiser available for customers at key locations across the centre.
- If you are feeling unwell or have any Covid-19 or flu like symptoms we ask you to please stay home.
- We will continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and we encourage workers and shoppers at Northlands to contact the Ministry of Health’s Healthline 0800 358 5453 for COVID-19 advice and information.
- NZ COVID Tracer QR code posters are at each of our entrances for you to easily contract trace. In addition to NZ Covid Tracer QR codes on all entrances, we have installed area-specific codes at bathrooms, and our Centre Management Office. We encourage you to check in with these codes in the same way you check into our stores.
- Stores also have the official QR code displayed.
- You can find out more about the Ministry of Health Covid Tracer app at https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/how-were-uniting/keep-track-of-where-youve-been/
Playspaces and rest areas
- Playspaces will reopen and internal centre rest areas will be put back in place.
- The food court will return to full capacity.
Customer Service Desk
- Equipment hire will resume.
- Gift cards will be available for purchase either at the customer service desk using contactless eftpos systems, or online HERE.
- Cleaners will continue to undertake a rigorous hospital-grade cleaning, hygiene and sanitisation regime, with particular focus on high-touchpoint surfaces such as bathrooms.
Golden Rules for Level 1
www.covid-19.co.nz offers the following 10 golden rules for everyone at Alert Level 1:
- If you’re sick, stay home
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested
- Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow, and disinfect shared surfaces
- Self-isolate immediately if told to do so by authorities
- If you have underlying health conditions, talk with your GP about precautions
- Keep track of where you’ve been to help with contact tracing
- Businesses should help by displaying the Ministry of Health QR code
- Stay vigilant – be ready to step up alert levels if needed
- Be kind to others and to yourself