Social terms and conditions
Social media competitions – general terms and conditions
- By entering any competition advertised or promoted by Kiwi Property on any social media you are deemed to have accepted these general terms and conditions.
- These general terms and conditions shall be read subject to any further or additional terms and conditions for the competition. The further or additional terms and conditions shall prevail in the event of a conflict with any of these general terms and conditions.
- The promoter of the competition is Kiwi Property Group Limited. All decisions of Kiwi Property in relation to this competition are final and no correspondence concerning any decision of Kiwi Property will be entered into.
- To be eligible to win any competition you must be a New Zealand resident, aged 18 years or older and meet any other specified eligibility and entry requirements for the competition. You will not be eligible to win any competition if you are an employee of Kiwi Property Group Limited or any of its agents, contractors or consultants, an employee of any tenant at any Kiwi Property shopping centre or a family member of any such employees.
- If you win a prize Kiwi Property will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible. If after three working days you have not responded to Kiwi Property’s notice, Kiwi Property reserves the right to allocate your prize to another person who entered the competition. In such circumstances, Kiwi Property shall have no liability to you and you shall have no right to any compensation. If after 2 months you have not picked up your prize (nor made any prior arrangement for Customer Service to hold for a specific amount of time), Kiwi Property reserves the right to allocate your prize to another person who entered the competition.
- You cannot transfer, exchange or redeem for cash any prize. Kiwi Property shall have no liability for any prize that is not used, lost or destroyed.
- If you win a prize you consent to being photographed and/or interviewed by Kiwi Property and to the use of your photo and personal information for publicity and marketing purposes (including on Kiwi Property’s website and direct and social media channels) without compensation.
- Kiwi Property reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to verify the validity of your entry and your right to redeem any prize, change any date, term, condition, prize or any other aspect of the competition, suspend or cancel all or any part of the competition and reject any entry that Kiwi Property, in its sole discretion, does not consider meets the eligibility and entry requirements of the competition.
- To the extent permitted by law, Kiwi Property Group Limited, its subsidiaries, associated companies, agents, contractors, consultants, directors and employees, shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and including loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this competition in any way or the use or acceptance of any prize offered.
- Your competition entry will become the property of Kiwi Property and will not be returned to you. Kiwi Property will collect and store your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access, update and correct your personal information. By entering the competition you agree to Kiwi Property using your personal information for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Every winner of any promotion is required to claim the prize in person and proof of identity will be required (including confirming consent of an entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian that gave their consent, where an entrant is under 18 years of age). If the documentation required by the Kiwi Property is not received within a reasonable time after request (to be determined by Kiwi Property at its sole discretion) then the entry of that participant will be ineligible and deemed invalid. We are not able to post any prizes (including gift cards). They must be picked up in person at Customer Service (unless otherwise noted in the terms and conditions) Click here to view opening hours for Sylvia Park.
- If a prize is forfeited the promoter may at its sole discretion redraw the relevant prize and repeat the prize process.
- Kiwi Property gift card terms and conditions may apply to this promotion. Use at participating stores only. See expiry on card. Full gift card terms at gift-card.co.nz
- Kiwi Property reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who Kiwi Property has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in this respect.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to a participant’s or any other person’s mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in the Promotion or the downloading of any materials related to the promotion.
- The NZ Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 grants certain rights which cannot be excluded or limited. These rights include statutory guarantees that any goods or services provided will be of acceptable quality and fit for purpose, and that any services will be rendered with due care and skill. These terms and conditions do not, and do not intend to, exclude or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that is permitted by law to do so, the promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, under laws other than the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 regarding the quality or suitability of any prize awarded as part of this promotion and will not be responsible for breach for such representations or warranties.
- The promoter may communicate or advertise this promotion using Facebook or Instagram. However, the promotion is in no way endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. The entrant provides their information to the promoter.