Christmas is coming, and we know comes an increased mode of stress and lists. Things to bake, things to make, things to sort, things to buy… The list goes on!
At Christmas, we really do understand that the best thing we can do for you is try to make things easier, to help take a load of that stress away. You see, we are all human too!
With this in mind, we’ve compiled some top tips on how to have the least stressful time shopping in our centre at this time of year. No matter how you do it, we want to help you enjoy Christmas your way.
When to visit:
With an increased amount of people choosing to shop at this time of year, naturally we have an increased traffic flow throughout the centre and the carparks. It’s important to note that sometimes the traffic is from a large visitation to our carparks, however sometimes the traffic is on the surrounding streets and in traffic light phasing; something we have limited control over. If you want to make things easier then we recommend the best time to visit is right when we open (see our opening hours here) and in the two hours before we close. We find our quietest days are on Monday and Tuesdays in the morning or on our late nights, and our busiest times are the weekends. We have also extended some of our hours for your convenience. See these here.
Where to park:
We have a variety of carparks, which are accessible to different areas of the centre, but we’ve outlined the key areas you might wish to visit at this time of year.
- If you’re looking for Countdown, then we recommend parking in our P1 Carpark, off Great North Road.
- If you’re looking to eat at our foodcourt, then we recommend parking in our P2 upper or lower car parks off Totara Avenue and for The Brickworks, in our P1 carpark off Great North Road or our P2 lower carpark under Reading Cinemas which is off Totara Avenue.
- If you’re looking for Farmers, we recommend parking in our P2 upper carpark off Totara Avenue.
- If you’re looking for Whitcoulls, we recommend parking in our P2 lower or upper carpark off Totara Avenue.
- If you’re looking to buy one of our gift cards, hire mobility scooters or for help and assistance, the park closest to our customer service desk is our P3 upper carpark off Totara Avenue.
- And if you’re looking for Santa, our closest carpark to his hangout spot is either our P1 carpark off Great North Road or our P2 lower carpark under Reading Cinemas which is off Totara Avenue and any of our carparks for our gift wrapping stations as they are throughout the centre from Thursday 5 December.
How to get here and how to find a carpark:
You can view our centre map here for directions.
What to do:
We have a variety of activities with Santa, plus a whole lot of special events leading up to the big day! See what’s happening in the centre here.
Making your day stress-free!
Remember to have a great breakfast or coffee to start your day right! Coffee is FULL of goodness to get those endorphins pulsing, and you can grab a coffee and bite for breaky from Espresso Caffe, Hollywood Bakery, Jamie’s Café, McDonald’s. Muffin Break, Starbucks, Tank Juice Bar, The Coffee Club, Bodrum Kitchen, Kage, Denny’s, and Dunkin Donuts.
We’re also here to help from 9am every day until Christmas – please feel free to call our customer service team on 09 570 3777, otherwise, feel free to chat to us here on our Facebook page.
Please remember to be patient and kind to everyone you meet! Our lovely retail staff and centre teams will do their best to look after you.
At Christmas, it shouldn’t be about stress and worry. Christmas is about sharing with and giving your time to family, fur family, friends and loved ones, and however we can, or however you do it, we’re here to help you have Christmas your way.