In accordance with the New Zealand Government’s advice, New Zealand will move to COVID-19 Alert Level 2 at 11.59pm Wednesday 13 May 2020. This will affect the operation of all Kiwi Property shopping centres and office buildings.
All shopping centres will reopen at 9am on Thursday 14 May 2020.
The health and wellbeing of or shoppers and tenants is our top priority. We have implemented an eight point action plan to keep the people visiting our assets safe, including:
- Actively supporting the Government’s social distancing guidelines to ensure two metres is maintained between people.
- Managing the number of shoppers within the centres, in line with New Zealand Government guidelines.
- Hospital-grade hand sanitiser stations will be placed throughout shopping centres and in foyers of the office towers
- Cleaning programmes will be intensified with a focus on high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces. Restrooms will be cleaned on a high frequency schedule.
- Seating in food courts will be reduced to maintain social distancing and ensure less than 100 people are within the area.
- Bathrooms and parents rooms will have additional health and safety measures in place. Each bathroom facility features signage to encourage our shoppers to wash their hands correctly.
- Centres will be sanitised with a spray that kills 99.99% of germs, including COVID-19, and creates a protective coating that keeps surfaces hygienic for longer. It does not use alcohol or dangerous chemical and has food safety approval in New Zealand and Australia.
- Advice to shopping centre and office building visitors to stay at home if they are not feeling well.
For information about centre and individual store hours at your favourite shopping centre please visit their website: Sylvia Park, LynnMall, Northlands, The Base, The Plaza, Centre Place or Westgate Lifestyle.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you.