COVID-19 UPDATE | CENTRE PLACENews
24 August 2021
Orange Settings at Centre Place
In accordance with the New Zealand Government’s advice, Centre Place will move to the Orange setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework at 11.59pm Thursday 2 December 2021.
All stores are open, however you may see some changes in the way some of our stores and activations operate, to meet the guidelines set out within the framework of the Orange setting and meet all necessary health and safety guidelines.
My Vaccine Pass
My Vaccine Pass is the official record of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination status for use in New Zealand. While it is not a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the shopping centre, some stores will require vaccination – along with our foodcourt.
Under the Orange setting, some retailers including restaurants and cafes, cinemas and entertainment (e.g. Lilliput Funzone) and close proximity businesses such as beauticians, massage, nail salons, hairdressers and gyms may only admit customers who are able to present their Vaccine Pass. Vaccine passes are not required for children under 12 and these retailers cannot accept a purple vaccination card or vaccination confirmation letter as proof of vaccination status. These restrictions have been put in place by the government, please be kind to these retailers when they ask for your pass and understanding as they get to grips with new systems.
General retail stores are not required to use My Vaccine Passes, but individual retailers may opt to require these after doing their own risk assessment. These decisions will come from store head office level, again we ask that you treat store staff with kindness and respect.
Centre Trading Hours
- Under the Orange setting, we continue our usual trading hours – you can find there HERE. Individual store hours may vary so if you are coming to visit a particular store then you might want to check their hours HERE.
Management of customer numbers
- While we are operating under the Orange setting the number of people in the Centre at any one time must be monitored and limited in accordance with the requirements of the New Zealand Government.
- Our people counting systems will be utilised to monitor numbers, and alerts will be made when the Centre is nearing capacity.
- If the Centre is nearing capacity then entrances may need to be closed and people coming into the Centre will be limited until numbers reduce (which may include operating a ‘one-in-one-out’ system for a period of time). If this situation occurs, our team members will be deployed to Centre entrances to manage this, and signage will be put in place advising customers of the situation.
- At Centre Place, keeping our shoppers, community and staff safe is our priority.
- You’ll find some of the things we’re doing to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of all those who shop, work and play at the centre HERE.
- If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms we ask you to please stay home.
- We will continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and we encourage workers and shoppers at Centre Place to contact the Ministry of Health’s Healthline 0800 358 5453 for COVID-19 advice and information.
- Please wear a face mask or covering, when visiting the Centre and ensure that you sign into the centre using the COVID-19 Tracer App QR codes at each entrance and at each store, amenity or activation you visit.
- Our rest areas will reopen, with limited seating available. Please keep a 1m distance from those outside of your bubble.
- We’re following the government social distancing guidelines and you’ll see signage throughout the centre to remind shoppers to keep a safe distance from other customers.
In the traffic light setting, customers wanting to dine in at our foodcourt will be required to have a Vaccine Pass. These will need to be shown to the retailer you are purchasing from and, in line with government requirements, our staff will be doing spot checks for these throughout the foodcourt. Takeaway services will still be available for those who are not using a Vaccine Pass.
Our foodcourt seating has been arranged to allow for physical distancing between customers and our cleaning staff will wipe down tables between uses.
We have implemented contact tracing in the foodcourt area. Please scan the QR code of the retailer that you are visiting, along with the QR code on the table you sit at during your visit.
Customer Service Desk
- Mobility equipment is available for hire and will be wiped down between uses.
- Gift cards will be available for purchase either at the customer service desk using contactless eftpos systems, or online HERE.
Centre Management Office
- The centre management office is open.
- You may see changes in the office to ensure health and safety measure are in place and social distancing is observed.
- Stores may need to manage the numbers of customers entering the store to meet their health and safety requirements.
- If you are required to queue outside a store we ask that you queue parallel to the store front and keep walkways and neighbouring store entrances as clear as possible. Please follow the direction of the store team.
Lastly, thank you to all of our wonderful customers for your continued co operation while we have these measures in place. We can’t wait to see you back at Centre Place soon!