COVID-19 UPDATE | CENTRE PLACE | LEVEL 2News
24 August 2021
Welcome back to Centre Place!
From 9am on Wednesday 8 September 2021, we return to COVID Alert Level 2. Things might look a little different as we work together to keep everyone safe – and here’s how you can help.
- We ask you to wear a face covering
- Scan in using the COVID Tracing App or visit Customer Service to sign in manually. Scan into stores or amenities that you visit
- Keep a 2m distance from others
- Wash and sanitise your hands regularly
- Stay home if you are sick
- Follow the instructions of staff and be kind to one another
Centre Trading Hours
- Under Level 2, we return to our usual trading hours – you can find there HERE. Individual store hours may vary so if you are coming to visit a particular store then you might want to check their hours HERE.
Management of customer numbers
- While we are operating under Alert Level 2, the number of people in the Centre at any one time must be monitored and limited in accordance with the requirements of the New Zealand Government. This is to ensure that enough space is available for people to maintain physical distancing measures.
- Our people counting systems will be utilised to monitor numbers, and alerts will be made when the Centre is nearing capacity.
- If the Centre is nearing capacity then entrances may need to be closed and people coming into the Centre will be limited until numbers reduce (which may include operating a ‘one-in-one-out’ system for a period of time). If this situation occurs, our team members will be deployed to Centre entrances to manage this, and signage will be put in place advising customers of the situation.
- At Centre Place, keeping our shoppers, community and staff safe is our priority.
- You’ll find some of the things we’re doing to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of all those who shop, work and play at the centre HERE.
- If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms we ask you to please stay home.
- We will continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and we encourage workers and shoppers at Centre Place to contact the Ministry of Health’s Healthline 0800 358 5453 for COVID-19 advice and information.
- Please wear a face mask or covering, when visiting the Centre.
Playspaces and rest areas
- For your safety, we have closed access to both play areas and centre respite seating areas have been removed or restricted
- We’re following the government physical distancing guidelines and you’ll see signage throughout the centre to remind shoppers to keep 2 metres from other customers.
- We have reduced the amount of seating available in our food courts to maintain social distancing measures.
- Our cleaning team will ensure tables in the food court are sanitised and cleaned between each use.
- We have implemented contact tracing in the foodcourt area. Please scan the QR code of the retailer that you are visiting, along with the QR code on the table you sit at during your visit.
Customer Service Desk
- We have installed safety screens on our customer service desks and may need to limit staff numbers to ensure social distancing so please use the queuing system and we appreciate your patience.
- There will be no equipment hire until further notice.
- Gift cards will be available for purchase either at the customer service desk using contactless eftpos systems, or online HERE.
Centre Management Office
- The centre management office is open.
- You may see changes in the office to ensure health and safety measure are in place and social distancing is observed.
- Stores may need to manage the numbers of customers entering the store to meet their health and safety requirements.
- If you are required to queue outside a store we ask that you queue parallel to the store front and keep common mall space as clear as possible. Please follow the direction of the store team.