WE ARE OPEN | SYLVIA PARKNews
12 May 2020
Welcome back! We are so excited to see you all again!
You may notice a few changes when you visit the centre.
Centre Trading Hours
- In response to feedback from our tenants and to assist them as they resume trading under Alert Level 2, the standard trading hours of the Centre (including late nights) will resume from Thursday 28 May 2020 but individual store hours may vary so if you are coming to visit a particular store then you might want to check their hours HERE.
Management of customer numbers
- While we are operating under Alert Level 2, the number of people in the Centre at any one time must be monitored and limited in accordance with the requirements of the New Zealand Government.
- Our people counting systems will be utilised to monitor numbers, and alerts will be made when the Centre is nearing capacity.
- If the Centre is nearing capacity then entrances may need to be closed and people coming into the Centre limited until numbers reduce (which may include operating a ‘one-in-one-out’ system for a period of time). If this situation occurs, our team members will be deployed to Centre entrances to manage this, and signage will be put in place advising customers of the situation.
- At Sylvia Park, keeping our shoppers, community and staff safe is our priority.
- You’ll find some of the things we’re doing to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of all those who shop, work and play at the centre HERE.
- If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms we ask you to please stay home.
- We will continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and we encourage workers and shoppers at Sylvia Park to contact the Ministry of Health’s Healthline 0800 358 5453 for COVID-19 advice and information.
Playspaces and rest areas
- For your safety, we have closed access to the food court play space and some centre rest areas have been removed.
- We’re following the government social distancing guidelines and you’ll see signage throughout the centre to remind shoppers to keep 2 metres from other customers.
- We have reduced the amount of seating available in our food courts to maintain social distancing measures.
- Our cleaning team will ensure tables in the food court are sanitised and cleaned between each use.
- We have implemented contact tracing in the foodcourt area and customers will be asked to register if they are seated in the foodcourt. Instructions on how to do this will be located on all foodcourt tables.
Customer Service Desk
- We have installed safety screens on our customer service desks and may need to limit staff numbers to ensure social distancing so please use the queuing system and we appreciate your patience.
- There will be no equipment hire until further notice.
- Gift cards will be available for purchase either at the customer service desk using contactless eftpos systems, or online HERE.
Centre Management Office
- The centre management office is open.
- You may see changes in the office to ensure health and safety measure are in place and social distancing is observed.
- Stores may need to manage the numbers of customers entering the store to meet their health and safety requirements.
- If you are required to queue outside a store we ask that you queue parallel to the store front and keep common mall space as clear as possible. Please follow the direction of the store team.